Note: This page is being updated as information becomes available. Please scroll down to UPDATES
We wanted to update our owners and rental clients in regards to COVID-19.
Destination Maui Realty remains in compliance with all State and County rulings related to COVID-19 regarding real-estate and long-term rental operations. There are some special provisions for landlords and tenants still in effect under COVID-19 which you can read about here.
We are working to return to normal office operations, and will seamlessly continue serving our customers, including completing rental transactions. We will continue to respond to phone and email messages and put updated information out through our website and Facebook page.
On island residents need to move into available rental condos and homes. Will will continue to handle much of our communication and transactions electronically and practice hygiene and social distancing when showing a property.
U.S. real estate is still strong, spurred in part by historically low mortgage interest rates. However, we know some investment property owners have been hit hard by the temporary downturn in the economy. If you are interested in putting your rental home or condominium up for sale, please contact our office for assistance.
Our hearts go out to all community members facing this challenging time. Having been in business over 40 years, we have been through many serious challenges. We will weather this as well.
Mahalo for your continued support and stay well,
Destination Maui Realty, LLC
The mandatory 14-day inter-island self-quarantine will be reinstated, in part, on Tuesday, August 11. This applies to any person arriving to Kauai, Hawaii Island or Maui County (Maui, Molokai, Lanai), and traveling between these islands. It does not include inter-island travelers arriving on Oahu. The period of self-quarantine will begin immediately upon arrival, and last 14 days or the duration of the person’s stay on the island, whichever is shorter.
All islands, except Oahu have maintained low numbers of Covid-19. However, since the 4th of July holiday, COVID-19 cases have spiked on Oahu.
The 14-day quarantine for transpacific travelers is still in effect until September 1, 2020 for those with a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of flight, but we are awaiting more details on how that will be implemented and other safety measures. We will keep this page updated if the quarantine rules are extended and as other information becomes available.
- Read Governor Ige’s 11th Supplementary Proclamation Related to COVID-19 Partially reinstating Interisland Travel Quarantine
- Read Governor Ige’s 10th Supplemental Proclamation Related to COVID-19, extending the transpacific quarantine until September 1, 2020.
- Read Governor Ige’s 9th Supplementary Proclamation Related to the COVID-19 Emergency, dated June 10, 2020, states that persons traveling to the State are subject to strictly enforced, mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- Read Mayor Victorino’s Public Health Emergency Rules amended June 8, 2020 regarding operation of essential business.
- View the State’s plan to reopen the economy, Beyond Recovery: Reopening Hawaii
Summary of State of Hawaii Emergency Information for Travelers:
- Governor Ige has made the unprecedented request that visitors delay their visit and not travel to Hawaii through August 31, 2020, or until further notice.
- The mandate applies to all arrivals to the state of Hawaii, including residents and guests.
- The mandate no longer applies to inter-island travel, as long as the traveler is not subject to quarantine.
- Visitors are responsible for quarantine costs.
- Visitors are to quarantine in hotel and motel lodging only.
- Residents are to quarantine in their homes.
- Data such as name, phone number and address will be collected from each traveler prior to arrival, and travelers will be monitored to ensure they follow the mandatory quarantine.
- Violation of the quarantine is a misdemeanor and subject to a $5,000 fine and/or jail time.
If you would like to help those in need on Maui, the Maui Food Bank could use your support. You can donate online here: https://mauifoodbank.org/
Because of partnerships the Maui Food Bank has in place, their buying power to purchase food and other essentials is greater than we could do ourselves.